Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Thing Eighteen"
First I picked Duolingo as my thing then I decided I really wanted to do "The Science Guy" so....for this thing I picked Bill Nye the Science Guy. I remember watching Bill as a kid, I can still sing the theme song. 
   Before I start with The Science Guy I want to tell you a little bit about Duolingo I like this app, I have been using the Spanish language. The app shows pictures and words in Spanish and there is a person that speaks the words or phases in Spanish. After a series of words and phases the program asks you to type the words. If you or your children want a fun way to learn another language this is it. It is self-paced and will go back and review if you aren't sure about the words.
   Now on to Bill...After you open up the app you are presented with a  number of objects sitting on a desk. If you click on an object it takes you to a game and information about space. If you tap on the television you are asked if you would like to buy more lessons. I think this would be a fun way to learn about space, I also think this would be more appropriate for grades 6 and lower. I showed it to the 4th grade teachers they excited to try it out.

2 comments:

  1. You are cruising right through these apps Brenda. I hope you are finding ways to implement these apps and from reading your blog posts you are. You are ambitious and seem to have no fear of technology. You'll be finished befor long. Then what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep looking for apps that either I can use in my library classes or other teachers can use in theirs, and work on completing my library degree.

    ReplyDelete