Sunday, January 26, 2014

"Thing Ten"
   For this thing I picked Snapchat then right before I downloaded it the warning came out about a possible hacking into peoples Snapchat accounts. Then I got to thinking some of the apps we are asked to research and try out for this project I'm not sure if I will ever us them in the library so this one I have decided to ask a friend who uses Instagram ALL the time to tell me about it.
   One thing I found intriguing with Snapchat was the fact a sent picture can only be seen 1-10 seconds then it disappears. I'm sure there are many positives to this, but I can think of a really big negative....it would be a good tool for bullying. Someone could send an inappropriate picture and it would be the sendies word against the senders of what the picture was.
   Now on to Instagram I'm not sure what age level this app would be good for. I read a few articles about Instagram the same common thread that seemed to be in every review was 1. make sure your children don't take pictures of themselves or take provocative pictures. 2. Don't share with others you don't know. 3. Don't share personal information. Yea we are talking about CHILDREN what child isn't going to take pictures of themselves, talk about themselves, or friend people they may not know. Because bad things NEVER happen to them. When parents say my child will never do that....do they really believe that? I think any adult whose brain is fully developed can safely use this app. I won't be using either app in ANY of my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment